- Raffle Organiser’s Name:
Professional Golfers Association of South Africa with company registration number 1996/03659/08 of The Royal Johannesburg & Kensington Golf Club, 1 Fairway Avenue, Linksfield, Johannesburg, Gauteng and Postal Address being: P O Box 949, Bedfordview, 2008, Gauteng, Republic of South Africa (“the PGA of SA”).
- Price of Raffle Ticket:
R1 000 each.
- Total Number of Raffle Tickets:
A maximum total of 1 200 raffle tickets will be sold. A minimum number of 800 raffle tickets must be sold in order for there to be a prize draw. No more than 1 200 raffle tickets will be sold.
- Raffle Tickets Beneficiaries:
Donation to the BMF/Lot Ndlovu Bursary Fund; Bursaries for SAGDB graduates and other disadvantaged golfers to study through the PGA of South Africa to meet the requirement of Membership of the PGA; Implementation of the GAP Program at golf clubs to enhance the employability of golf club staff etc. at Golf Facilities.
- Main Prize:
Trip to the PGA Championship at Bethpage State Park, Black Course, Farmingdale, New York, United States of America in 2019 for 4 people, including return flights in Economy class on Delta Airlines via Atlanta from Johannesburg and 7 nights’ accommodation at Four Points by Sheraton Melville Long Island 4 Star or similar hotel. The trip also includes 2 rounds of golf at courses within the area, access to the PGA Championship Wannamaker Hospitality facility or other similar hospitality for the 4 Championship rounds and the opportunity to play the Black course on the Monday after the final Championship round. The opportunity to play the Black Course will be withdrawn if the prize winner is not a registered golfer, if the Championship is extended into an additional day or due to inclement weather.
- Second Prize:
Trip to Mauritius for 2 people to the Heritage Resort for 5 days inclusive of airfare, transfer, accommodation, all meals and unlimited golf (share of PGA post on social media by non-PGA Member).
- Third Prize:
Trip to Mauritius for 2 people to the Heritage Resort for 5 days inclusive of airfare, transfer, accommodation, all meals and unlimited golf (share of PGA post on social media by PGA Member).
- Prize Drawing Location, Date and Time:
Will be held during the PGA of South Africa Annual Awards Dinner at 21:00 on 17 September 2018 at The Royal Johannesburg and Kensington Golf Club, 1 Fairway Avenue, Linksfield, Johannesburg, Gauteng
DETAILED RULES AS FOLLOWS:
- Each purchaser of a raffle ticket must be at least 18 years old and each raffle ticket may be associated with only 1 individual’s name. All South African laws shall apply to this raffle. Raffle tickets may be purchased from the following website address: www.pga.co.za. Payments for online raffle tickets may only be by way of the PayFast system utilising the following options, credit card, instant EFT, debit cards and masterpass options. Any payment that is denied shall disqualify the pending transaction for the raffle ticket. All email communications will be sent to the email address provided by a purchaser as part of the purchase. Such communications shall include purchase confirmation and the raffle ticket number. The purchaser is obliged to provide the PGA of SA a valid, functioning email address and physical address. The PGA of SA and their respective directors, officers and members assume no responsibility for incorrect, invalid, terminated or non-functioning email or mailing addresses or lost, incomplete, late, ineligible or undelivered entries or entries without complete acceptable payment.
- By submitting an entry, each purchaser acknowledges having read and having agreed to abide by these Official Raffle Rules.
- Once a raffle ticket has been purchased, it is non-refundable except in the event that the raffle is cancelled in accordance with these Official Raffle Rules or, alternatively, in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. No raffle tickets may be transferred and the PGA of SA shall communicate only with a raffle ticket purchaser as shown on the records of the PGA of SA.
- The winner will receive title to the prize. The prize does not include travel to and from OR Tambo International Airport whether from inside or from outside Gauteng or South Africa.
- Each raffle ticket shall be sequentially numbered from the first raffle ticket sold through to the last raffle ticket number sold. The raffle period shall be from the date the first raffle ticket is sold through to 16 September 2018. Online raffle ticket sales shall be closed at any time before the 17th of September 2018. Raffle ticket purchase deadlines and drawing dates, times and locations may be extended or changed at the PGA of SA’s discretion subject to approval by the National Lotteries Commission.
- Each online purchaser will be sent a raffle ticket and receipt via email that will identify the purchaser’s unique raffle ticket number. The original printed raffle ticket will be retained by the PGA of SA and the stub entered into the drawing along with the stubs of all other raffle tickets sold.
- At the raffle drawing, the winning raffle ticket stub shall be chosen by picking it from a large container containing all the raffle ticket stubs thoroughly mixed. The winner does not need to be present at the drawing to win.
- The holder of the winning raffle ticket shall be notified by telephone and/or email at the address provided by the purchaser. The winning raffle ticket number and the name of the winner and the winner’s city shall also be placed on the PGA of SA website immediately after the drawing. This information may also be publicised in other media including, without limitation, social media.
- The winner of the drawing shall be required to provide the PGA of SA with a signed statement confirming their eligibility under these Official Raffle Rules, proof of age and a release confirming the PGA of SA’s permission to use the winner’s name, city, province and likeness in media releases and other publicity. The winner will be entirely and solely responsible for paying any taxes.
- The purchasers of raffle tickets, by participating in this raffle, release the PGA of SA, its directors, officers, members and agents from any and all liability, loss or claim arising out of any raffle prize, expressly waive any such claim and agree that the liability, if any, of the PGA of SA, its directors, officers, members and agents, shall be limited to the raffle ticket price paid. In case of any dispute regarding the conduct of this raffle, the decision of the PGA of SA shall be final and binding.
- If the raffle prize is refused, the winner cannot be located within 30 days of the drawing or arrangements cannot be made with the winner within 60 days of the drawing regarding the delivery of the prize, the PGA of SA shall conduct another raffle using the original proof of raffle ticket entries.