The PGA of South Africa has launched the Accredited Medical Practitioners accreditation.
The PGA has seen a need for medical practitioners who treat sports injuries to be more conversant with the golf swing and the demands this dynamic, asymmetrical movement places on the human body. At the same time PGA professionals must connect with like-minded medical practitioners, who can work with their broad membership base, that they can rely on and who speak the same language.
Physiotherapists, Chiropractors and Biokineticists will enjoy an exclusive one-on-one relationship with a PGA pro in their area to create a symbiotic relationship. To foster this, the number of AMP members will be limited.
AMPs will be required to attend a qualifying seminar where the course objectives will be:
- To gain an understanding of the game of golf
- Insight into the biomechanics of the golf swing
- Appreciate the demands placed on the human body during the execution of a golf swing
- Be able to converse with a golf teaching professional about the golf swing
- Gain insight into the injuries prevalent in golf
- Have strategies for treating and conditioning golfers – the Whole in One approach
Be a part of this exciting new initiative and attend the inaugural seminars which will be held in Joburg.
Joburg – Royal Johannesburg and Kensington Golf Club 16th and 17th of March
R3000 per two day seminar
To sign up for the seminars and to become an Accredited Medical Practitioner, click here
Annual AMP accreditation fee is R6825.00 for 2019.
*All prices are inclusive of VAT*