Last updated: 9 September 2021
General Information Regarding This Policy:
Where We collect Personal Information from you, We do so as a Responsible Party or Operator, as dictated by the factual context, in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”).
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person or, where applicable an identifiable, existing juristic person. This will include:
• information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
• information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
• any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person;
• the biometric information of the person;
• the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
• correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
• the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
• the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.