There are pathways to a career in golf
Requirements to do apprenticeship-
- Full time employment in the golf industry
- Working under a AA PGA mentor professional
- Handicap of 4 or better for men and 7 for ladies
- Matric or equivalent
Process for joining and a potential career in golf –
- Contact Education@pga.co.za for access to online application.
- Complete the online registration process – January to Mid-March 2020.
- PGA to invoice R2500 application fee
- Send proof of payment
- An interview will be set up
- A playing ability test might need to be played
- On acceptance joining fees will be payable
- Academic fees are payable annually
The apprenticeship process-
- One week of compulsory lectures are held annually in Johannesburg
- Monthly Assignments
- 1st year teaching ability test
- 2nd year Event management practical
- 3rd year Teaching and Custom Fitting practical
- PGA Graduation!
Advantages of being a PGA member-
- Qualified to hold a position in the golf industry
- Industry opportunities
- Access to CPD education
- Internationally recognized qualification
- Belonging to the PGA family.
PGA EDUCATION PROVIDERS
To join an Education Provider –
- You will be doing a level 5 diploma so you will need matric or equivalent.
- Below are the education providers
Advantages of being a student-
- You remain an amateur so you can play in amateur tournaments
- You get expert help on your swing, golf fitness and on course management
- You are part of a group of peers
- You are assisted on a full time basis
- You have regular lectures from experts on PGA subjects